Overheard between Nia and her Grandpa, "Baba":
"Where are you going today?"
Nia: "I don't know. But we can do whatever we like today!"
This is exactly what I told Nia Saturday morning: We can do whatever we like this weekend. Meaning: It's you and me. No play dates scheduled. No doctor appointments. No naps. Just you and me. (Joe, unfortunately, had to work.)
We actually did have some play dates scheduled just for Nia in case I needed to rest, but just as I'm getting an acute case of needle fatigue, I think Nia is getting some heightened separation anxiety. We needed a few days in a row of just us, doing whatever we like.
And what did we like?
- Baking yogurt biscuits
- Creek play with friends deep in Nicene Marks
- A little Olympics (though it turns out Nia doesn't see the hype)
- Fresh-squeezed lemonade (with vanilla!)
- Gardening in our No-More-Cancer Garden
- Chicken-ing (and banning the chickens from the above-mentioned garden!)
- Beach time with about a million other people
So nice when this cancer year has moments that feel like a normal year...
PS. This is what those gorgeous chicken gals did to my pepper plants. *sigh* Live & learn.